ERA-NET (TÜBİTAK 1509) – RESEARCH and DEVELOPMENT OF NANOPARTICLE and PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPHY BASED THERANOSTIC APPLICATIONS IN CANCER
- Theranostic is a novel approach, combining imagistic diagnosis and therapy for personalized medicine.
DOKUMAR, with its confidence on broad multidisciplinary teamwork, takes parts in an international multidisciplinary consortium for developing advanced theranostic approaches in cancer combining photodynamic therapy and nanoparticles.
The international consortium that DOKUMAR participates, is composed of 3 universities, 2 research institutes and 2 SMEs from Portugal, Spain, Turkey and Romania and is funded by EU.
With this project;
- New theranostic nanosystems will be designed,
- Engineering solutions for stabilization of nanoparticles will be implemented. (For coating of bio-compatible polymers)
When the project is completed,
- Diagnosis and therapy of cancer will be applicable as a one-step procedure,
- Roles of drugs and anti-oxidant response in nanosystem based photodynamic therapy will be comprehended,
- Development of novel theranostic agent based drugs for cancer treatment and underlying mechanisms for these novel drugs will be accomplished,
- Commercialized nanosystems will bring economical advantage to our country,
- Know-how and technology transfer on nanosystems will be maintained.